PROJECT APPROVAL DAY:
August 20th, 2020
Today is an important day; we have had great news about the project, which will last 24 months, has been approved.
It means a lot of friends, places and different tastes with students…
Who are the partners then? Let’s have a look
HAYAL, the coordinator:
Bursa Hasan Ali Yücel Anatolia High School is a state school with 55 teachers and 830 students between 15-18 years old. It is located in a campus of five schools in the centre of Bursa which is the fourth biggest city in Turkey.
Bursa Anatolian High School was established in 1970 and is the first of the Anatolian High Schools which has 968 students, 68 teachers and accepts qualified students according to the country-wide exam results
MARIJAMPOLE VET CENTRE:
Marijampole VET Centre is the biggest vocational institution in the South of Lithuania, taking in all 5 Municipalities of the region. The departments vary from secretaries, florists, cooks, waiters, bartenders in Services Department to specialists in the field of construction etc
THE MANGUALDE GROUP OF SCHOOLS:
The Mangualde Group of Schools consists of all schools, from pre-school education to secondary level, including VET courses, recognition and certification of adult skills and distance secondary adult education, in Mangualde municipality.
LICEUL TEHNOLOGIC DE ELECTRONICĂ ȘI TELECOMUNICAȚII:
Liceul Tehnologic de Electronică și Telecomunicații “Gheorghe Marzescu” Iasi-Romania is a school with a tradition of vocational and technical education. Generations of young people have been educated to become highly qualified professionals in the fields of electronics, automation, electrical engineering, computer and
telecommunications, working in companies in Iasi and in other cities of Romania.
AIZKRAUKLES VOCATIONAL SECONDARY SCHOOL:
Aizkraukles Vocational Secondary School is an educational institution established by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia for the implementation of vocational education programs. The school offers education programs in demanded sectors: metalworking, road transport, woodworking, construction, services.
FIRST ONLINE MEETING
October 1st, 2020:
• Representatives of project partners have met for the first time today. The partners were happy to meet each other. Each partner presented their schools.
• The pandemic situation and quarantine conditions in partner countries were discussed.
• The participants agreed to postpone the first mobility in Romania in a safer time when there is less risk of pandemic contamination.
2ND ONLINE MEETING
November, 25th, 2020
The partners have had to meet online due to the Covid-19 restrictions. Although all teachers were far away from each other, the atmosphere of the meeting was warm enough to make decisions for the project:
• The coordinator presented the project and the details of the activities and the tasks that were planned in each country.
• It was confirmed by all partners that the coordinator HAYAL from Turkey will create a website, Marijampole VET Centre from Lithuania will create social Media account of the project.
• All partners will create logo and mascots proposals of the project and share on online partner folder to be voted during the next meeting on December 17th,2020. Each partner school will be represented by at least five students and a teacher.
• The partners will share their cultural heritage elements and avatars for games that could be used while creating “Digital Game” and “Digital Map”. The avatars are considered to be famous/important characters of the history in partner countries.
• Romania will lead in eTwinning activities.
• COVID-19 cases and the situation in partner countries were discussed during the meeting. Unfortunately, the first mobility which is supposed to be in Romani-Iasi has to be postponed because of the pandemic cases. The project partners will discuss the time according to the recent developments.
3RD ONLINE MEETING WITH STUDENTS
December 17th, 2020
We have had a meeting with our dear students. Five students and one teacher from each partner school attended the meeting.
• The coordinator presented the project, the activities and the tasks that were planned in each country.
• Representative students from each partner school presented their school and the tasks that they are responsible for. It was nice to see all participant students as digital ambassadors and they were happy to be the part of the project.
• The online voting procedure for both logo and the mascot of the project was explained by the coordinator.
Here are the logo proposals which were voted:
The winner is:
These are mascot proposals:
- The first mobility is in Romania and the task is to create a digital map of cultural heritage of partner countries. So, Romanian partners prepared a workshop to familiarize the digital map creating process.
The pandemic situation in Covid 19 is getting worse and we are not sure if we are going to have real meetings with students in their countries, so it seems better to start our eTwinning project. We decided to meet online and negotiate to start our eTwinning project.
1 ST MEETING
First meeting with project partners February 2nd 2021.
Since the pandemic spread is getting bigger and there is no way for mobility, as project partners, we decided to start our eTwinning Project.
The teachers shared their ideas on how to start the process. Besides partners from Erasmus+ Project, three more experienced partner schools from Turkey were included into the Project. They are:
• NİLÜFER ANADOLU İMAM HATİP LİSESİ
• HÜMA HATUN MTAL
• MEHMET HALİT BAKİ ANADOLU LİSESİ
We had a logo competition among the partner schools and the one by Yaren E. K.
(HAYAL) was voted the most (269 out of 959) and became our logo.
Here are the logo proposals which were voted:
Meeting on “HOW TO USE TWINSPACE EFFECTIVELY”
We had all project members (teacher-student) online meeting on February 24th.
The agenda of the meeting was: “HOW TO USE TWINSPACE EFFECTIVELY”
Students and teacher from the partner school Mehmet Halit Baki Anatolian High School made presentations about Twinspace. They showed all members how to upload the files and where to share them.
A quiz was organised at the end of the meeting and the winners were awarded with
certificates and the participants shared their feelings in a word cloud.
We had an e-safety webinar with all project members on February 17th.
Ferhan ACAR, the counsellor of the partner school Hüma Hatun MTAL made a presentation about the internet, security and safety conditions of using the web and how to avoid the danger while using it.
We exchanged our experiences among partner schools during the webinar. The students asked their questions about e-safety. A quiz was organized at the end of the meeting and the participants were certified.
We organized a greeting meeting with all Project members on March 11th 2021. During the meeting, the partners introduced their schools and countries. After the presentations, a quiz was organized and the winners were certified.
The participants were informed that there would be international mixed teams and these mixed teams would present the cultural heritage sites of the partner countries until the end of March.
INTERNATIONAL MIXED TEAMS- COLLABORATIVE WORK
Our meeting was on March 31st , 2021.
After creating 19 international teams which were formed by different partner school pupils, the teams were assigned to present Cultural Heritage Sites of partner countries. At least one teacher led the teams and these teams presented the sites that they were assigned.
A digital map was created and the posters that were created by the teams were displayed on the map.
After the presentations, a quiz was organized and the winners were awarded.
At the end of the meeting, the project teachers had a separate meeting to evaluate the process and next step of the project was discussed.
It was agreed by all partners that the common product of the project would be an e-story. The details were explained and the teams were updated according to their participations.